Live in Volunteers
- looking to take a ‘gap’ year?
- looking to explore a career in health and social care?
- a European student wanting to improve your English while contributing to a meaningful project in a beautiful part of the UK?
- interested in traditional arts and crafts, outdoor work and/or biodynamic agriculture?
Whatever your age, if the answer to any of these questions is ‘yes’ then you may be interested in becoming a live-in volunteer at Thornage.
What we ask of you
We don’t ask for any previous experience, what is more important is your attitude and approach. We ask that you
- Are able to commit to stay for a minimum of 6 months and a maximum of 12 months
- Are committed to the ethos of Thornage Hall
- Have a ‘can do’ attitude and a flexible approach
- Good social and communication skills and an ability to relate to adults with learning disabilities
- Tolerant and understanding and able to live and share in a communal living environment
We will provide
- accommodation and board
- a small weekly allowance
- two days off per week
- training in your role
- an opportunity to learn new skills in a unique environment that will make you stand out to future employers
How to apply
Contact us for an information pack this will explain the application process which includes
- An application form
- A phone call for you to find out more and for us to assess your suitability
- A police/security check
Please download, fill in and return the following:
If you are successful in the application stages we will arrange your start date with us.
To find out more about Thornage Hall please Get In Touch.